What platforms does WinCC OA 3.15 support?
- The following specifications list configurations tested by ETM and that are officially supported. Particularly for the new Linux distributions, this is the latest status; recommended updates to new kernel versions or patches are possible as are service packs for Windows.
- Please consider that only 64bit operating systems are supported!
- Only one WinCC OA project is allowed to run on a system! Multiple project must not be used on the same machine!
Ultimate/Enterprise/Professional/Enterprise with SP1 (64bit)
Windows Server 2012
Server 2012 R2 (64bit)
Windows Server 2008 R2
Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
Windows Server 2016
Server 2016 (64-bit)
Enterprise Linux 7.2 (64bit)
CentOS 7.2 (64bit)
SUSE Linux Enterprise
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Version 12.1 (64bit)
openSUSE Leap 42.1 (64bit)
Following notes must be considered for installing patches to your WinCC OA version:
You have to stop WinCC OA (incl. console, project administration, PMON and log viewer) before installing a patch.
For installing Delta RPM patches on Linux the command applydeltarpm must be available on your system!
Microsoft Windows Security Updates
This product supports a Microsoft Windows operating system. Microsoft is responsible for operating system updates. Therefore please stay informed about operating system updates directly at following pages:
WinCC OA systems running on VMWare, should follow certain hints to ensure the integrity and operation of theWinCC OA application.
- WinCC OA must be properly shutdown before a Virtual Machine is stopped.
- An ‘online backup’ (‘snapshot’) of a Virtual Machine is not supported.
- A snapshot of a virtual machine can not be restored.
- The clock of the virtual machine shall never make an unexpected jump (forward or backward) while WinCC OA is running.
- Redundant WinCC OA systems shall run on physical redundant hardware and network configurations.
- WinCC OA must not run on a virtual machine for safety critical systems according to SIL3 / IEC-61508.
Office packages and Excel
Using MS Excel for reporting tasks (WinCC OA Report) or Mass configuration the following Excel versions are supported:
Excel 2013 32bit
Note that virus scanners may decrease the performance. Therefore, you should not scan the DB directory<proj_path>/db (or at least not scan the WCCILdata, WCCOAvalarch, WCCILdatabg).
WinCC OA was tested with the following virus scanners:
|McAfee Endpoint Protection Suite 8.8|
Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.6
Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10.3.0.6294
The following SSL library must be used in order to ensure full compatibility with WinCC OA:
This library is supplied by the WinCC OA installation.
Visual C++ / Visual Studio 2013 (VC12) Compiler Version 18.00.30501 for x64
If an API manager/driver was compiled using VS 2013 at least VS 2013 Runtime has to be installed on the target system. Otherwise the error "The system cannot execute the specified program" is shown.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 (compilation with gcc-4.8.2-16).
Requirements for WinCC OA on SIMATIC IPCs
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64bit is required for using WinCC OA on SIMATIC IPCs.
- Following licence options are available:
- Runtime License for SIMATIC IPCs with max. 128 I/Os, including 1 User Interface; Option for usage of distributed systems; S7-Treiber; SSL encryption; OPC Client; OPC Server; OPC UA Client; HTTP Server