project backup with RDB

Find and share HowTos to various installations / configurations!
Search

3 posts • Page 1 of 1
tmalone

project backup with RDB

Post by tmalone » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:17 pm

A project based only on RDB does not have any value archives.

The automatic online backup feature seems to create the /db folder in the backup, but the rest of the folders do not get created.

We have unchecked the "Backup all not archived HDB datasets.

If we use the Backup Panel and click the Start backup on each of the DB and Parameterization panels, we get all the files.

Todd Malone

tmalone

Re: project backup with RDB

Post by tmalone » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:40 pm

I spent a day trying to understand why the backup won't work. I see that the archiv_client.ctl where most of the logic is found is very different starting in 3.16. I even tried the latest version of 3.15 of that file to see if some patch got in there.

I never got it to work with the autoBackup trigger (timedFunc).

So, I have grabbed the code from the backup panel button and copied it into my own timedFunc triggered off the same timer +3 minutes. It works, but it is not a good solution when the product should provide this functionality.

mkerk

Re: project backup with RDB

Post by mkerk » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:51 am

Hello Todd,
I can´t reproduce this problem. I did the test with Patch P024
Which 3.15 Patch are you using?
You wrote: " I even tried the latest version of 3.15 of that file to see if some patch got in there ": have you installed the complete version or used only the archiv_client.ctl from the latest version?

following issues have been solved in 3.15:

24845: Online backup does not work when the PATH environment variable
does not include the directory <installation>/bin.
P010 : 34183: Calculation of next execution time for the online backup is not
correct if timezone is not UTC+1.

Maybe try to install the latest patch completely and then try again .

Please note also the following: If you activate the automatic backup, make sure that you restart the script "archiv_client.ctl". Otherwise, your backup is not executed correctly. You have to restart the script also if you deactivate and again activate the automatic backup since the timedFunc() was stopped and has to be restarted.

BR,
Mousser.

3 posts • Page 1 of 1