Drag&Drop is not possible from the dpSelector() in v3.17

Discussions about product bugs & problems!
Note: This is no replacement for the Official ETM Support!
Search

3 posts • Page 1 of 1
super-lexa

Drag&Drop is not possible from the dpSelector() in v3.17

Post by super-lexa » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:59 pm

It seems like it is a Bug of dpSelector() in the v3.17.

I faced the problem by using Drag &Drop operation in the trend widget with the dpSelector.
Trend widget accepts drops from the PARA window, accepts drops from the DP_TreeView. But It does not accept drops only from the dpSelector.

Then i have tested other figures like rectangles, texfield, textedit (and other) and they also do not accept drops from the dpSelector, but accept drop from the other figures.

Property "Accept Drops" of course is set to TRUE.

Last patch for winccoa v3.17 (P009) was tested.

adaneau

Re: Drag&Drop is not possible from the dpSelector() in v3.17

Post by adaneau » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:46 pm

Hey,

Just tried it. This is somehow expected behavior, nothing to do with trend. The dpselector seems to be a modal window (makes sense as it will give you a return value), so you cannot interact with anything behind it (you can not even click a push button from calling windows).

You will never be able to drag and drop anything from dpselector as it is modal. Only solution I see is to build you own dpselector using childpanel call with stayontop but not modal, and dptreeview.

Best
Alexandre

super-lexa

Re: Drag&Drop is not possible from the dpSelector() in v3.17

Post by super-lexa » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:05 pm

adaneau wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:46 pm
Hey,

Just tried it. This is somehow expected behavior, nothing to do with trend. The dpselector seems to be a modal window (makes sense as it will give you a return value), so you cannot interact with anything behind it (you can not even click a push button from calling windows).

You will never be able to drag and drop anything from dpselector as it is modal. Only solution I see is to build you own dpselector using childpanel call with stayontop but not modal, and dptreeview.

Best
Alexandre
Hi, thanks,
the problem is - it works in v3.15 and v3.16

3 posts • Page 1 of 1