Trends - stacking curves and ruler tooltip

Discussions about product bugs & problems!
Note: This is no replacement for the Official ETM Support!
Search

5 posts • Page 1 of 1
tpjctrl

Trends - stacking curves and ruler tooltip

Post by tpjctrl » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:48 am

Hi all,

this is the first time I'm working with trends in WinCC OA, so bear with me please :) Couple of questions:

1. is there a way to disable right clicks on a trend widget?

2. is it possible to not display a ruler value tooltip / popup when a ruler is added by clicking on a trend area?

3. is there an event linked to a ruler which can be used to trigger a script and create a custom legend with updating ruler values? so pretty much the same as what is shown in the ruler value tooltip / popup, but anywhere on the mimic?

4. is it possible to stack several curves on a single trend area, but only have a single Y axis with several min - max ranges shown in different areas of the axis? ie. min/max for the first curve shown on the very bottom, then min/max for the second curve right above, above this the min/max for the third curve and so on? so something similar to having several trend areas, but with a single common time axis and rulers which can go through all curves (maximum of 16)? I know I can join areas and curves but it seems to have a limit of two, so wouldn't work in this scenario.

Regards,
Tom

LIGO

Re: Trends - stacking curves and ruler tooltip

Post by LIGO » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:01 pm

Hi Tom,

1. You just need to override the "RightMousePressed" event with some dummy code

Code: Select all

main(mapping event)
{
  //
}
2/3. There is a panel into the installation folder (/panels/trendRulerPanel.pnl) which could be used to fully customize your ruler popup (always keep in mind diff ruler while changing that panel!). Also, there is a mention of the function "rulerChanged" in the help but I've never used it ("Trend widget" -> "Trend Ruler Window Customization").

Best Regards,
Leonid Solovev

tpjctrl

Post by tpjctrl » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:51 am

Hi Leonid,

thanks for your reply. A few questions below:

2/3. I could not find this panel anywhere in the installation folder. I've actually ran a search in the installation folder (C:/Siemens) for anything that contains the word "ruler" and the search returned nothing. Same thing with "rulerChanged" in the Help file, no results. It would have to be an Event script in the Trend properties anyway to use it properly, at this stage this doesn't appear to be possible

I also find it hard to get curve values for a vertical ruler, I can user rulerTime to get the time of a ruler, but I'm not sure which function to use to read the corresponding Y value on a curve. I've tried curveValues, but this returns all values for a curve, even if I pass a single time inside the dyn_time array. Any ideas? the small value popup when a ruler is active shows curve values for a specific time where the ruler sits, so it must be doable.

Regards,
Tom

dbindernagel

Post by dbindernagel » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:37 pm

"The trend ruler pop up is now a fully customizable panel. More functionality can be added and individually styled, see Trend - Ruler Popup Window"
If I'm not wrong this feature is available for Win CC OA 3.15 and later only.

tpjctrl

Post by tpjctrl » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Yup I think it was introduced in a later patch on 3.15, currently struggling with latest patch installation, so things are definitely not going well...

Cheers,
Tom

5 posts • Page 1 of 1