User Defined Icon in Para module

Discussion about recent product features & solutions!
Search

14 posts • Page 1 of 2
Indrani125

User Defined Icon in Para module

Post by Indrani125 »

Hello all,
I have gone through documentation of dpTreeSetIcons() in help file and written one script to define icon in para module.I have also kept same icon in picture directory of my project as well as in my installation folder also.But after following steps mentioned in help file also I am unable to see user defined icons in para module. :cry: In my log viewer,I am getting one warning like attached.Can anyone please help or suggest?who has tried this??
Attachments
error.PNG
error.PNG (9.83 KiB) Viewed 4885 times

kilianvp

Re: User Defined Icon in Para module

Post by kilianvp »

Hello,

it works for me. According to the error message the script file does not exist.

Indrani125

Post by Indrani125 »

Hi,
is there any license required for this?I have defined script as icons.ctl,kept related icons in picture folder of my project as well as in picture folder of wincc oa installation directory and running the script also from console..But the control manager for running script for user defined icon is stopping after sometime..can you please suggest from your experience of working on this? I am using script from help document for analog point and ran using control manager using the script name.but same warning coming.:-(
PFA relevant attachments,
Attachments
script.PNG
managerproperty.PNG
managerproperty.PNG (13.99 KiB) Viewed 4784 times
console.PNG

kilianvp

Post by kilianvp »

you must specify this for each userinterface as parameter -s

Options:
-m para -s icons.ctl

Indrani125

Post by Indrani125 »

Hi,
I had enabled that option you are telling..after running that para module gets opened but the icons are unchanged :-( do we need any sort of add on license for this?
Attachments
option.PNG
option.PNG (13.48 KiB) Viewed 4733 times
para.PNG

adaneau

Post by adaneau »

Hi,

Something puzzles me in your option: why did you write WCCOAui as option? It may be a reason why it doesnt work?

BR
Alexandre

Indrani125

Post by Indrani125 »

Hi..
Thank you..I have changed that also but it is not showing my defined icon in para module :-( I have copied standard icons from installation directory only..from control manager script is not running..how ever in help file..it is mentioned to specify option as -m para -s icons.ctl as told by kilianvp and you..but still not working
Attachments
console1.PNG
option.PNG
option.PNG (13.48 KiB) Viewed 4726 times

dbindernagel

Post by dbindernagel »

It works for me also just fine. Maybe check some steps.

Remove the ControlManger for "icons.ctl". It is not needed.

The options for the Para User Interface should be "-m para -s icons.ctl"; not! "WCCOAui -m para -s icons.ctl"

In your script you had used the system name "System1". Is your system name really "System1"?
If not then please change it in your script or remove the system name completely.

Your icon file is named "analog1.png"?
Does this file exist in the following folder (assuming your project is located there)?
"C:\WinCC_OA_Proj\Userdefinedicon\pictures\analog1.png"

Your script file is located here (assuming your project is located there)?
"C:\WinCC_OA_Proj\Userdefinedicon.17\scripts\icons.ctl"

Try the following script. It uses an icon from the installation folder. You do not need to copy anything. This should always work.

Code: Select all

main()
{
  mapping map;

map["[ANALOG1]"] = "apply_16.png";
  dpTreeSetIcons(map);
}

Indrani125

Post by Indrani125 »

Hi,
Really thank you!!!! all the steps are clear and I have followed them also..checked again..even if I try with your script..I am not able to in log viewer I am getting warning..is this warning reason behind not coming?do you have any idea why this warning comes?I have stored icon in picture folder also..
Attachments
log.PNG

dbindernagel

Post by dbindernagel »

No I don't get this error message.

I tried to reproduce the error and it does appear for me if the file does not exists or I have entered a wrong filename in the options.

So if I have the following in the options:
"-m para -s icon.ctl" (notice the missing "s") and the script file is called "icons.ctl" then I get exactly the same error message as you.

So please check the script is in the correct folder and the filename again, maybe capital "i" (.ctI) instead of small "L" (.ctl) by mistake. They look the same and the letters are near each other on the keyboard.
(Try to copy&paste the filename to the options of the user interface to be sure.)

If this does not help I can only think of a permission problem. Check the file permissions of this file for the user who opens the user interface.

Edit:
If you have created the file in a text editor it could be that it is now named "icons.ctl.txt". Enable file name extensions and check this, too.

14 posts • Page 1 of 2